In addition to the process of cleaning and disinfection before and after every individual training session we recommend that an in-depth clean is also done regularly. This includes removing certain components in order to be able to clean and disinfect the equipment components more thoroughly. The recommended interval for this process is at least once a month, however this should be adjusted depending on how often the equipment is being used.
The information provided should be seen as best practice. We cannot guarantee that following these steps will fully prevent the spreading of germs.
Before proceeding with the cleaning and disinfecting of the virtual reality equipment make sure that you have the following cleaning equipment available.
Non-alcoholic disinfection wipes - referred to as disinfection wipes from here onwards.
Cleaning spray with microfiber cloth.
Please check the requirements of the cleaning wipes to see if rubber gloves should be worn.
Please ensure that when using the cleaning wipes all equipment is wiped in a gentle manner. This is to ensure that excessive moisture is not applied to the equipment.
If using the same disinfection wipe on multiple pieces of equipment be sure to fold the wipe before proceeding onto another piece of equipment. This ensures that germs are not spread from one piece of equipment to another. If it is not possible to further fold the wipe, or the wipe is visibly dirty, dispose of it and continue with a new disinfection wipe.
- Put the headset upside down on a soft surface on the desk to avoid scratches on the front cameras.
- Remove the leather face cushion gently and disinfect it with the disinfection wipe.
- Remove the leather back cushion gently and disinfect it with the disinfection wipe.
- Unplug the cable from the wireless adapter.
- Open the strap of the wireless adapter to unmount it.
- Clean the surfaces of the wireless adapter with the disinfection wipe.
- Clean the lenses and the light sensor of the headset with the microfiber cloth. If you have a lens cleaning spray available apply it on the microfiber cloth. If you have no cleaning spray available proceed directly with cleaning the lenses gently in circular movement.
- Clean the surfaces in the inside of the goggles with the disinfection wipe.
Warning: Avoid contact to the headset lenses and the light sensor.
Clean the rest of surfaces in the inside of the headset with the disinfection wipe.
- Wipe the lenses that are on the front of the headset.
- Clean all surfaces on the outside of the headset including the head strap with the disinfection wipe.
Warning: Avoid contact with the front cameras.
- The equipment should be left to dry for an appropriate amount of time e.g. 5 minutes. Please check the wipe requirements for the recommended time. If the equipment is still visibly wet after this time, a separate microfiber cloth can be used to dry it. Please ensure that this is not the same microfiber cloth that is used to clean the headset lenses.
- Attach the disinfected leather face cushion again.
- Attach the disinfected leather back cushion again.
- Attach the wireless adapter to the headset.
- Attach the cable to the wireless adapter.
- Now clean the workstation equipment according to "Cleaning the Workstation"
Before and after each training session.
Before and after the training sessions.
Once a month